The symposium seeks to gather together people involved in recent research and theoretical issues of the research on collaborative learning and argumentation-based learning. In the symposium presentations these two major research areas may be approached from several perspectives including, but not limited to, the following aspects:
- Collaborative argumentation
- Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)
- Collaboration in various educational settings and contexts
- Multiple methodological approaches, including both qualitative and quantitative methodologies for studying collaboration
- Different pedagogical designs (e.g. scripts, structured interaction, tasks sequences)
The program of the symposium consists of keynote lectures, paper presentations and panel discussions. The symposium is co-organized by the Finnish Institute for Educational Research and the Department of Educational Sciences, at the University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Looks like an excellent opportunity for going up to Finland again. Hope this does not overlap with the STELLAR project first year review meeting.